There’s no denying the fact that ice cream is one of the most popular comfort foods out there – but lots of recipes require you to have a special ice cream maker, which makes it difficult to make at home. Not this recipe!
This is the easiest ice-cream recipe, as it includes just two ingredients. And there’s no need for any expensive ice cream machines (all you need is a food processor and a freezer).
Plus while most ice creams can be unhealthy with high levels of fat, sugar and dairy, this recipe is dairy free, and sugar free. It’s sweet enough from the natural sugars in the bananas, and it also contains matcha powder which gives it an added boost of superfood goodness.
Matcha powder is made from green tea leaves which are stone ground to form a fine powder. Just half a teaspoon of this powder contains 137 X the antioxidants that’s found in a cup of standard green tea, and that’s why matcha helps strengthen your immune system, increase energy levels, and boost your metabolism.
So now you can easily enjoy guilt-free, homemade ice cream!
Makes 2-3 servings.
- 2 large bananas (peeled, cut into chunks, & frozen overnight in a freezer bag)
- 1 tsp matcha (Using Zen Green Tea matcha)
- Place the banana chunks into a food processor fitted with the S blade, and turn machine on. Let the motor run until the bananas reach a creamy texture, just like soft serve ice cream. It might take a little time and the processor may make loud noises but it will work – don’t worry!
- Once the bananas become creamy, add the matcha powder and blend.
- Serve immediately. Any leftover can be refrozen and then re-blended for a perfect texture.
Disclaimer: This is a guest post written by Zen Green Tea. The matcha was provided as a gift. I only support and endorse products that I have used or cooked with myself.