So since I had already eaten a stack of eggs this week, thought I should cut down for a little bit and so this gave me the chance to experiment with homemade pancakes without eggs. This is also great if you run of eggs during the week and still want pancakes for breakfast! These were so easy, I couldn’t believe it! But me being me, I was really indecisive with what flavour pancakes I wanted so I made two kinds!
Chocolate and Vanilla Egg Free Pancakes (yields 6 – 3 chocolate, 3 vanilla)
What you’re going to need
1 cup flour
1 cup soy milk (keep handy because you might need it again later)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cacao powder (keep aside for now)
1. Sift the flour and baking powder together in a small bowl
2. Add the milk and vanilla extract and whisk until mixture is smooth and combined
3. Warm up a non stick pan on a medium heat. Use a ladle to add 3 equal portions of batter on the pan whilst keeping half of the mixture in the bowl
4. Once bubbles start forming, flip over and cook for another minute or two (I noticed these pancakes cook a lot quicker than any other pancakes I’ve made). When cooked, set these aside.
5. To the remaining batter, add the cacao powder and whisk until combined (I found that I needed to add a little bit more milk here because the batter was way too thick otherwise)
6. Cook the same as the first batch by creating 3 equal portions on the pan and flipping when the bubbles appear.
7. Serve with fruit and maple syrup!