What’s Summer in Oz without mangoes?! A perfect fruit which purees up a treat for my mango dessert cups! Making desserts in a cup shape is great because they are great portion sizes for each person and the silicone moulds just peel away when the mix inside is frozen! Decided to pair up this delightful mango puree with some Greek Yoghurt because I love the creamy texture it provides for the base. This recipe contains just 5 ingredients!
Mango Dessert Cups (yields 6)
What you’re going to need
1/2 mango, roughly chopped
1/2 cup Greek Yoghurt (I use Jalna because it’s the one that reminds me the most of Greece)
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 tablespoon coconut oil
2 tablespoons water
- Prepare silicone moulds on a tray that will fit into your freezer.
- In a pulse blender, blend mango, water and maple syrup until smooth. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the yoghurt and coconut oil until well combined
- Pour an even amount of yoghurt into each mould. Continue until all is used. Place in the freezer for about 10 minutes so that it has hardened a bit but not completely solid
- Pour even amounts of mango puree into each mould. Freeze for 1-2 hours or until completely set.