All about comfort food at the moment. Even better if I can make something that tastes awesome with barely any washing up. I’ve made this with ingredients that most people would probably have at home (understanding at the moment, you could have quite an assortment of things based on availability in the shops). Alright it’s a Monday night, long day at work, enough rambling. Straight into the recipe!
Pan Fried Chicken in Tomato Sauce (2 portions)
What you’re going to need
1 chicken breast, chopped into small even pieces
1 medium potato, chopped into small even pieces
1/3 cup kalamata olives
1 tin crushed tomatoes
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 clove garlic, sliced into large pieces
1 teaspoon sweet paprika (to taste)
1 teaspoon onion powder (to taste)
1/2 tablespoon dried basil (use fresh basil if you have it)
cracked salt and pepper
olive oil for frying
- Place the potatoes in a pot of water and bring to the boil.
- Whilst the potatoes are coming to the boil, heat up some olive oil in a large fry pan. Once the pan is hot, add the chicken and lightly brown it. Once it has changed colour, take out of the pan and set aside.
- Back to the fry pan, turn down the heat and add the tin tomato, tomato paste, garlic and spices. Stir until well combined.
- Add the chicken back in and olives. By this point the potatoes should be boiling or close to it. Once they have reached boiling point, strain them and then add them to the tomato sauce. Let the tomato sauce simmer on the stove for about 10 minutes.
- Serve hot. You could have this with rice, couscous or veg.