So this one will be a polarising recipe! People tend to love or hate eggplant so if you’re one of the haters, this one isn’t for you sorry!
For the lovers, there is plenty of eggplant goodness! Layered up with lasagne sheets, crushed tomatoes, kale and feta this is perfect for dinner or in my case, work lunches!
This one is so easy I’m going to jump straight into it! Recipe conveniently vegetarian for those interested!
Eggplant, Kale and Feta Lasagne (serves 4)
What you’re going to need
1 medium eggplant, sliced thinly into circles (5mm)
1 cup kale, roughly chopped into small pieces
100 g Danish feta
6 lasagne sheets (I used San Remo)
1 tin tomatoes (whole, peeled Italian tomatoes)
tasty/cheddar cheese, grated
salt and cracked black pepper to season
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celcius
- In a large measuring jug, add the tin tomatoes. Crush using a stick blender until it becomes a chunky liquid. Add the kale, mix through and set aside.
- Heat up some olive oil in a medium sized frypan. Cook the eggplant until it is almost fully cooked. Set aside.
- In a large square baking dish, start with 2 lasagne sheets on the bottom. Next, add a layer of eggplant and pour half of the tomato and kale mixture over the top. Spread evenly. Crumble feta evenly across the top then season with salt and pepper. Repeat. For the third layer (the top), place the last two lasagne sheets and then add the grated cheese evenly.
- Place in the oven with dish covered in foil for 45 minutes. When there is 10 minutes to go, remove the foil to get crispy golden cheese on the top.
- Serve immediately or allow to cool completely before storing for work lunches.*
*This recipe is freezer friendly.