Easy Sunday mornings call for baked goods. 3 perfectly overripe bananas which were just calling me to bake them. It’s starting to get colder now and so these are great to warm up and eat for breakfast or afternoon tea (or anytime really, let’s be real). I thought about making a banana bread but since I’m the only one at home who really eats it, figured I would reduce waste by making something smaller.
This is one of those chuck everything into one bowl recipes which saves time and washing up! I kept these dairy free because of bod.
Banana and Cinnamon Muffins (yields 6 – 12 depending on how much mixture you put in each tray)
What you’re going to need
2 cups self raising flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 overripe bananas
1/3 cup soy milk (or any non dairy milk of your choosing)
1/3 cup Nutellex (or any dairy free spread)
1/2 – 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
- In a large bowl, add the bananas and egg. Using a stick blender, blend up the mixture is well combined and bananas are at your desired consistency.
- Sift in the flour, add all the other ingredients and mix until well combined .
- In a greased muffin tray, add even amounts of the mixture. (I like my muffins really big so I fill each one until it is full)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Remove tray from the oven and leave to cool slightly. Remove muffins and place on a wire rack to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.