As much as I adore PB choc bliss balls, thought it was time to try something else! Whoever thought of bringing sweet and savoury flavours into one dish is a genius. I have taken that concept and put it into my bliss balls as they are fast becoming one of my favourite work snacks.
Bliss balls are super easy, jam packed full of deliciousness and will keep you full for your afternoon! These are dairy, gluten and refined sugar free!
Salted Caramel Bliss Balls (yielded 8 for me but will depend how big you roll them)
What you’re going to need
1 cup dates, chopped (soaked in boiling water for 15 minutes if not moist)
3/4 cup walnuts (soak in cold water for 30 minutes – optional)***
1/2 tablespoon rice malt syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
cracked sea salt (to taste)
desiccated coconut for rolling
- In a food processor, add of the ingredients except the coconut.
- Process until ingredients are well combined.
- On a plate, add a few spoons of desiccated coconut. Using gloves, a spoon or bare hands, roll the mixture into evenly sized bliss balls.
- Roll each ball through the coconut. Repeat until all the bliss ball mixture has been used.
- Store in the fridge/freezer and enjoy!
*** The bliss balls will still turn out wonderfully without soaking the nuts prior to blending, but soaking them makes them so so creamy and perfect for these sweet treats!