I always get cravings for baked goods but I tend to avoid buying them from cafes and other places because I have no clue what’s in them. I also just love baking so baking something myself is much more satisfying. There was a bit of experimentation with these in getting the wet to dry ingredient ratio right. I feel pretty good about how they turned out!
So here we go, my chocolate muffins which I made dairy free because of bod and there’s no eggs either because we hadn’t done the groceries yet! Alas, subbed in apple sauce (random but great) to fill in for the eggs. Also mixed a bunch of dark chocolate through these for an extra chocolatey hit!
Chocolate Muffins (yields 6)
What you’re going to need
1 1/2 cups self raising flour
1/4 cup cacao powder
1/4 cup apple sauce
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup Nutellex (or any dairy free spread), melted
1/4 cup rice milk (or any other non dairy milk)
1/4 cup maple syrup
50 grams dairy free dark chocolate (70% and above), roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celcius. Grease a muffin tray with cooking spray.
- Sift the flour and cacao powder into a large bowl. Add all the other ingredients except the dark chocolate and mix well.
- Add in the chocolate and make sure it is evenly distributed through the mixture.
- Place even amounts in each muffin tin until all batter is used.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack and then store in a container until they all disappear!