Peanut butter and chocolate. A continued match made in heaven that will never get old. I wanted to make cups again with these ingredients because they taste so damn good! I also wanted to try make a more doughy consistency for the middle as opposed to just scooping some PB in there (obviously that would taste awesome too but creativity is always fun)
My new workshopped recipe is here to make them much more simpler and so you can get them in your mouth twice as quick! I also jampacked some other goodies in there too for added healthy fats and fibre.
These only contain 4 ingredients!!! Simple is always best in my eyes as no one really wants to drown in a recipe that has a million ingredients. If I can make it with less, I will and so hopefully you’re inspired enough to try make these for yourselves! 100% dairy free and vegan friendly.
PB Chocolate Dessert Cups (yields 4)
What you’re going to need
1/3 cup almonds
1/3 cup rolled oats
2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
6-8 squares 85% Lindt Dark Chocolate (if you want it sweeter but still dairy free go for 70% Lindt)
- Prepare 4 silicone moulds on a tray that will fit in your freezer
- In a pulse blender, add the almonds and oats. Blend until a coarse meal is formed. Add the peanut butter. Pulse again until mixture forms a crumb which when pressed between fingers will stick together
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl using your preferred method. Using a spatula, spread the chocolate on the bottom and on the sides of the silicone moulds. Repeat for all 4 then place in the freezer.
- After about 10 minutes or once chocolate has set, add equal parts of the PB mixture to each cup. Press down gently until even.
- Pour the rest of the chocolate over the PB mixture to make a top for the cups then place in the freezer again until set.
- Remove from moulds once chocolate has completely set.
- Store in the fridge or freezer it’s completely up to you!