The peanut butter party continues at my house this week with this super simple peanut butter slice. I really enjoyed this because I used crunchy peanut butter as opposed to smooth so you get bits of peanut throughout which I love. Another dessert where a bit of time waiting by the freezer is required but I assure you it is worth it!
These are dairy free, gluten free and refined sugar free!
Peanut Butter Slice
What you’re going to need
1/4 cup almonds
4 dates, chopped
1/2 cup coconut cream
3 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 tablespoon maple syrup
- In a small square tin or ceramic baking dish (my dish was about 10cm x 10cm), line with baking paper overhanging the sides
- In a pulse blender, blend the almonds into a coarse meal. Add the dates and pulse again until a crumb comes together.
- Press the almond crumb into the base of the dish making sure it is even. Set aside (outside the freezer)
- In a small bowl, whisk the coconut cream, peanut butter, coconut oil and maple syrup until well combined.
- Pour mixture over the almond base. Pop in the freezer for 1-2 hours. Slice into squares and store in the freezer until ready to eat.