I haven’t had almonds in my house for a while now. However, Coles recently had a great special on almonds so decided to stock up! I still have my 1kg bag of chia which will last me an eternity which is awesome. So a bit of brainstorming led me to think up these delightful treats! There are just 5 ingredients in these and an optional sixth! These will take you less than 5 minutes and can be popped straight in the fridge after they’re made for storage! These are dairy free, gluten free and refined sugar free!
Almond Chia Bliss Balls (yields 6)
What you’re going to need
1/3 cup almonds
1/4 cup chopped dates
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1 tablespoon liquid sweetener (maple syrup, rice malt syrup or honey)
sesame seeds for rolling (optional)
- Blend your almonds into a coarse meal in a pulse blender or food processor
- Once in a meal, add the chia and cinnamon and pulse again to combine
- Add the dates and syrup and pulse until the mixture is moist and combined and can be moulded into shape with your fingers
- Roll into ball shapes and if you like, cover with sesame seeds.
- Store in the fridge for up to a week!