These are a variation of my earlier creation of Peanut Butter and Macadamia Cookies! I am a serious chocoholic and was having some cravings today and so got myself baking and created these! If you want to make them too, here is what you do.
PB Cacao Cookies
What you’re going to need
1/2 cup Nuttelex (or any dairy free spread)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg (or flax egg for vegan option)
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup plain flour
1/2 cup Mayvers PB Cacao Spread
50 grams 85% dark chocolate, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celcius
2. Beat butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Once combined, add the egg and vanilla extract and beat again until combined.
3. Sift in flour and baking soda and mix with a wooden spoon until dough comes together.
4. Mix through the Mayvers Spread and chopped chocolate.
5. Pop the mixture in the fridge for about 10 minutes. Whilst the dough is cooling, line two baking trays and grab your cookie cutter of choice!
6. On a flat surface, flatten out the dough until it is about 1cm thick. With your cutter, cut your dough into shapes and place even spaced apart on the baking tray.
7. Bake for about 10 minutes (once the cookies are out of the oven they will continue to cook for a little bit. I wanted mine to stay pretty soft but feel free to bake them longer)
8. Allow to completely cool on a cooling rack before putting in a container for storage!