I spend at least a few minutes a day trying to figure out the best way to treat my sweet cravings. I’d rather not just reach for a chocolate bar or a bag of gummy bears. I had an abundance of bananas in my kitchen and had been having dark chocolate and peanut butter withdrawals post Europe (peanut butter is SO expensive there). And so I’ve thought up a simple yet effective cure for my sweet tooth. Minus the dairy of course! And they’re also conveniently gluten free too.
PB Banana Bites
What you’re going to need
1 banana, cut into 1cm slices
1/4 cup peanut butter
100 grams dark chocolate (I used 85%)
- Prepare a lined tray (small enough to fit in your fridge/freezer)
- Melt your chocolate with your preferred method of choice***
- Dip each piece of banana into the chocolate until it is completely coated then place on the lined tray
- Repeat with all the pieces and place in the fridge to set (or if you’re impatient you can put them in the freezer)
- Once set, place half a teaspoon of peanut butter onto one of the banana pieces. Sandwich together with another banana piece and you’re done!
*** The way that I melt my chocolate is as follows
- Boil a kettle full of water
- In a heatproof container, fill halfway with boiled water
- In a bowl that will sit on top of the heatproof container, place the chocolate inside after having broken it into smaller pieces
- Place on top of the heatproof container and stir through until the chocolate has melted.( Make sure chocolate does not come into contact with water. )