Today, my challenge was to create a nutritious yet delicious granola using only ingredients that I had available at home. Granola is quite a genius creation as you can throw whatever you like in the mix and it will most likely still taste fabulous. The granola that I have created is vegan and refined sugar free!
Chocolate and Coconut Granola (makes 2 cups)
What you’re going to need
1 cup rolled oats
3/4 cup puffed rice
1/3 cup desiccated coconut
1/3 cup raw mixed nuts, roughly chopped
2 tablespoons rice malt syrup
1 tablespoon cacao powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat your oven to 160 degrees
2. In a medium bowl, mix the oats, puffed rice, coconut and nuts.
3. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and stir until all the dry mix is evenly coated.
4. Spread the mix evenly over a lined baking tray. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes and mix the tray with a spoon periodically.
6. Store in an airtight container for up to a week!