So it seems at home, we buy too many bananas and can’t eat them quick enough (oh what a shame). Nonetheless, a foolproof and waste free alternative to throwing them away is to turn them into baked goods. Yay!
This week I decided I’d try out making some muffins which ended up tasting amaze!
Banana Oat Muffins
What you’re going to need
3 mashed bananas
2 tablespoons canola oil
1/2 cup water (could also use any non dairy milk)
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup dark brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
pinch of salt
1/4 cup vanilla protein powder (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 185 degrees Celsius
2. Combine all of your wet ingredients (banana, oil, vanilla, water) in a bowl with a hand held beater
3. Place all of your dry ingredients in a separate bowl (oats, flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and protein if you’re including it) and mix until combined.
4. Add wet mix to dry and stir until combined.
5. Oil up (i used canola cooking spray) a muffin tin. Spoon a heaped spoon into each tin. The mix yields about 8 depending how big you like your muffins.
6. Bake for 30 minutes or until a skewer in the centre of one of the muffins comes out clean.
And voila! (9 is most definitely not enough…)